Wednesday, September 5, 2007

My first two weeks on the GROCERY GAME!


OK, saving money has truly never been so fun. I've been doing well at the grocery store - I have definitely cut our grocery bill at least 30%. But CVS is the most fun of all. It is crazy!
My first two weeks at CVS:
First week - Got a $30 gift card for transferring a prescription. Shopped the sales using "the list" from the website and my coupons. Left with a huge bag of goodies - toothpastes, three 12 packs of cokes, deodorants, heartburn medicine, and didn't spend a dime of my own money. Plus $$ left over for next time.
Second week - Got 4 dishwashing liquids, 3 deodorants, and 4 toothpastes. Spent $1.15 out of pocket but have over $20 in store credit for next week.

RECAP - Spent $1.15 so far. Have several bags full of health and beauty items. Have $20 in store credits. All this for about an hour a week of my time. Again, people: www.thegrocerygame.com !!!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so how much time do you spend playing this game? It sounds so great but I am just not sure how much time it takes you to save all of this money...tell us more! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I bit. I'm signed up for my $1 free trial. I had to grocery shop today but my "list" starts on Sunday and ends on Wed. I guess I have to change my shopping day. Do you grocery shop this way too, or just CVS?

    ReplyDelete