Thursday, November 8, 2007

A Story Not for the Faint of Heart

As I write this, I am stuffing my face with m&m's to reward myself for what I went through today. And I must upload a picture of Katelynn to this post to remind myself that she is in fact cute.

First let's set the stage. Katelynn has a very vile habit of sticking her fingers down her throat and gagging herself. If you are thinking "That is bizarre and abnormal" - that is what I thought at first too. Then I found 20 pages of posts by other alarmed parents on babycenter.com. The pediatricians say to ignore it and that it is a phase, but it is quite difficult to ignore something so repulsive. But, I have tried my best.

Fast forward to today. I am driving on a crowded and very fast moving highway, only to turn around and see my daughter sticking her fingers down her throat. She is suddenly covered in stinky, disgusting barf. This is not little baby barf anymore. She eats three solid meals a day, and breakfast was now all over her and smelling up my vehicle. So, I had to pull over and do the best I could to clean her up without throwing up myself.

Then, upon arriving home: (1) remove car seat, (2) completely wash car seat, including in all the little crevices and buckles and things, (3) reinstall car seat, (4) bathe turkey baby, (5) soak all puke infested clothing, (6) completely spray down my vehicle with Febreze. And unfortunately that didn't do the trick 100%.

Sheesh.

1 comment:

  1. Lesli and I are reading this and about to barf just thinking about the scene!!!

    Welcome to mommy-hood!

    Great stuff and very cute baby!

    ReplyDelete