Saturday, January 5, 2008

Katie's Personal Version of "Hush Little Baby"


When I spent SOOO much time nursing Katelynn I needed something to do. So I kept expanding the "hush little baby" song. Tonight I was singing it to her again and I still remember all the verses I made up. Now, here I go posting it on the internet... so I'd better not see Hillary on TV tomorrow talking about the made up song she sang to Chelsea as a baby. :-)


Now, here is a really nice version of the original that I just found on youtube, featuring none other than Yo-Yo Ma and Bobby McFerrin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GczSTQ2nv94


Hush Little Baby don't say a word

Mama's gonna' buy you a mockingbird

If that mockingbird won't sing

Mama's gonna' buy you a diamond ring

If that diamond ring won't shine

Mama's gonna' buy you some fishing line

If that fishing line won't cast

Mama's gonna' buy you a sailboat mast

If that sailboat mast won't fly

Mama's gonna' buy you an apple pie

If that applie pie tastes rotten

Mama's gonna' buy you a bail of cotton

If that bail of cotton's not soft

DADDY's gonna' buy you a New York loft

If that New York loft's too small

Mama's gonna' buy you a volleyball

If that volleyball won't spike

Mama's gonna' buy you a brand new bike

If that brand new bike's too slow

Mama's gonna' buy you some pizza dough

If that pizza dough won't roll

Mama's gonna' buy you a totem pole

If that totem pole's too tall

Mama's gonna' buy you a china doll

If that china doll wears a frown

You'll still be the cutest little baby in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment