Sunday, January 30, 2011

My New Years' Resolution

Life is moving way too fast. It seems that despite an effort to minimize our commitments, Gene and I turn around and another week is gone. Next thing you know, my kids are going to be in college. In the meantime, I have let over a month pass without a single blog post. I mean, seriously, who is that young lady in that picture? Oh - yeah - that's my daughter Katelynn. When did she get to be 4 years old, going on 14?

This blog is important to me because it is where I capture at least a small fraction of the special little memories of life, especially memories of my kiddos while they are so little.... and sweet... and funny. Yet caring for them at the not-so-young age of 36 is just darn exhausting, so here I am with 45 days + and no blog posts.

But I have frittered away more time than I should on Facebook, watching The Bachelor on Monday nights, etcetera. So there are wasted moments of time when I could have been capturing some precious memories. So I decided that here on January 30, 2011 I must set a belated New Years' Resolution. I will keep up with this blog - at least a few posts a month! And when I am 55 and an empty-nester, I know I will sit and read these posts with a tear-stained, happy face....

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're back. I have missed the blog posts. Yours and Jen's are the two first things I look at every morning.

    ReplyDelete