Saturday, July 12, 2008

iPhone Update!

For anyone curious about the results of my last post, Gene showed up at the AT&T store and parked himself around 8 pm. Iphones went on sale at 8 am. Yes, he waited overnight for 12 hours. (Actually this is the first time he has waited in a line to purchase technology which is really quite astonishing given his personality and affinity for new gadgets.)

He was 5th in line. Apparently between 8 pm and 5 am only 3 more people showed up. So he had pretty much exchanged life stories with his fellow diehard line waiters. They had their comfortable lawn chairs, their snacks and drinks, their laptops/games/electronic toys, and lots of time to kill. Apparently arriving at 8 pm was a little bit of overkill, but he really would have been way to anxious at home... trust me.

Obviously being 5th in line he did get his iPhone. Plus, I showed up at 7 am with Katelynn and was a big 'ol line jumper so I got mine too. Luckily for us, there was a crazy girl just in front of Gene who was just hanging out with her boyfriend all night, with no intention to purchase a phone! (That's brand new love for you...crazy!) So technically - she was waiting for me all night.

These devices are pretty amazing, I have to say. It makes our Treo smartphones look like pieces of junk. Gene's the technology junkie, but I do have to admit I keep taking my new little friend out of my purse just to admire it.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are crazy! Our extra funds these days are going to mattresses and washer/dryers. Maybe our next big purchase can be electronic - a new TV to replace our 13-year-old one. Maybe I'm just cheap but I can't quite bring myself to sign up for the data plan with my provider. I figure I am spending enough time on the computer without having it with me everywhere i go. How much do you use the extra features?

    ReplyDelete