Friday, November 20, 2009

A Mind of Her Own

Katelynn is becoming more and more of her own little person each day. I think that some of her idiosyncrasies are pretty funny and reflective of her headstrong personality. It's time to record a few of them so that I can someday tease her about her funny preferences.
  • She likes to lay in the ottoman to watch the TV. Pretty cute.
  • She wants all of her beverages to be warm - milk, juice, and even water! (Yuck!) Occasionally she gets to drink a Sprite at a restaurant and this is the only beverage she has not requested to be warmed up.
  • Her idea of "dress-up" is to put on as many layers of clothing as possible while playing in her bedroom. After nap time she may come down with as many as five layers of shirts, pants, nighties, etc.
  • KK is obsessed with headbands. However she believes the appropriate way to wear them is across her forehead - think 80's "Fame" style. She often falls asleep with a plastic scratchy headband plastered across her forehead.
  • She continually begs to wear PJ's out and about. I'm sure this is a more "normal" toddler request! Lately I have begun to adopt more of a relaxed attitude about clothing. I have recently allowed her to wear pajamas to a play date and out to the grocery store. However I have not yet caved in and let her wear them to pre-school or church!
  • KK also looooooves tights. I have rarely put her in them until recently because I personally avoid hosiery like the plague. If she isn't begging to wear PJ's, she is begging to wear tights. She would prefer to wear them with only a shirt, but has accepted that the price of wearing tights is also wearing a dress or skirt. So at least I get her into some cute dresses on a regular basis now!
  • She has developed a major aversion to having her picture taken. In this she is similar to her mommy as a little girl; I was always the kid screaming in the mandatory extended-family group picture. Unfortunately though this has made it much harder to capture fun memories lately, since her reaction to the camera is to scowl, hide, or scream in annoyance.

1 comment:

  1. Toddlers wearing pajamas is a more 'normal' request. One of the parents at the school I worked at manages to get away with it by letting him wear clothes over his pajamas. (Granted, it was Ohio and gets extremely cold... so it served 2 purposes).

    Also, the tights thing is pretty funny. I'm with you though, I generally avoid hosiery like the plague. I'm not very 'lady like' all the time, so white gets dirty and hosiery gets ripped - usually the first time I wear them. My mom learned quick to avoid putting me in either clothing option.

    Thanks for sharing. I love the little things that kids do because it makes sense to them, or they just like it. It's also fun to see what those idiosyncrasies will turn into one day.

    ReplyDelete