Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Letter Writing Explosion



Suddenly Katelynn cannot get enough of writing letters. 6 months ago I could barely get her to trace one letter without an eruption of frustration and a refusal to continue. Now she goes through packages of notebook paper at warp speed and one of her favorite things to do is to come to me with a page full of letters and ask, "What does this spell?" I am not the best parent when it comes to spending lots of time with her for "pretend play" or just sitting down to play toys with her, but I will drop everything to help her with letters -so I think she also likes the mommy feedback aspect of it all.

Recently I was amazed at her patience to create a birthday card for her cousin Izzy who is about to turn 2. KK was adamant that it be written completely by her. The results are pictured and I must say that I am pretty proud of her, and excited about this new chapter of learning for my little girl. I know it's going to be even more exciting when she starts reading!
PS. Don't tell Izzy, Aunt Jen! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment