Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tyler

I can't believe my little guy is 5 months old already. He has really captured my heart - such a little sweetheart. Daily life with him is a pleasure and I need to capture it here....so here is a random list "all about TyTy":

  • It is so easy to make him smile and giggle. He loves when mommy makes him fake "punch" plus zerberts on the tummy during changing time. His eyes twinkle when he is happy.
  • He is so expressive - hilarious ranges of faces from this little man (as evidenced by picture!)
  • He naps well and is generally a pretty easy-going little guy. He still needs to be swaddled to settle down. I keep trying to get him past this stage but he is not ready to give it up yet.
  • He finally loves the Baby Bjorn. This is great for limited periods each day. I can get the house picked up and move quickly from room to room while he rides with mommy.
  • When he is grumpy, his sister sure does make him feel better. He really lights up when she sings to him, gives him her blankie, or otherwise entertains him with toys, dancing, and chatter.
  • He still does not enjoy being on his tummy at all. He recently learned to roll onto his back which means that he is never on his tummy for long!
  • He still enjoys his traditional baby toys way more than big sister ever did. Every day he uses the bouncy seat and jungle gym mat (both borrowed) for at least short periods of time.
  • TyTy has definitely learned to scream as though being tortured to get attention. When he first started doing this I thought the boy was seriously ill or hurt. No - he just found his voice and realized it got a reaction!
  • I wish he would do better at nights. I usually have to get up 2-3 times - once to feed him around 10 or 11 pm, and another time or two to replace pacifiers, change diapers, etc. Usually by 4 am he ends up in bed with Gene and me and will sleep well there till about 7 am. While the interruptions to my sleep are brief they are still taking a toll on this thirty-something body!

Oh how I love this sweet baby boy....

No comments:

Post a Comment