Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Projects, Projects, Projects

The title pretty much defines Katelynn these days. She lives for a good project. Reminds me of a certain someone back in the day.... I remember researching kangaroos in the 3rd grade in my Encyclopedia Brittanica and putting together all sorts of crafts related to my findings to take back to school the next day. And this was not assigned work! (And yes I was/am a major nerd...) So, given my history I do try to have a great attitude about her many requests and accomodate her when possible.



The other day she found a recipe for cupcakes in her coloring book. Yes, in the coloring book. And of course we could not make any other recipe. These days I usually don't make anything without a recipe website and a corresponding list of reviews so I can ensure near-perfection. So this was going out on a limb for me. And it has shortening in the ingredients... I was shocked I even had any in the pantry. Not a very common ingredient "these days".

Nonetheless I did accommodate KK; the cupcakes were not the best in the world but definitely edible and she had a great time. We made hearts, eggs, and regular cupcakes. Her favorite part was adorning them with sprinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment