Thursday, April 14, 2011

French Braids

Recently Katelynn informed me that she is growing her hair out. No more cute bobs for this mommy...one of the first of many areas of control where I have to let go! She has also been requesting braids, braids, braids. I knew the concept of french braiding but have virtually zero experience. KK and I watched a YouTube video together; she informed me without hesitation that I could do it now that I had watched a video. Gotta' love the confidence of a 4 year old! So I gave it a try. I was pretty pleased with the results. It took about 30 minutes; hopefully with practice I will get a bit speedier. If she must have long hair, I do love the look of french braids.

2 comments:

  1. Children do have minds of their own, don't they? The braids look nice. Tell KK Nanna approves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great. I'm still trying to master it! Which video did you all watch? My mom is great at it, but I'm a total failure much to Gill's dismay.

    ReplyDelete