Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!




Gene and I have never been very big celebrators of Valentine's Day.  A thoughtful card is enough for me.  I gotta' say, though, that I really enjoy the kid aspect of this holiday now that I am raising my own.  It's just fun and sweet.  And for some reason it brings out the hidden craft monster within.  



I like to get a little something special from mommy; this year I have a pack of markers and a silly lollipop.  I have also enjoyed making homemade Valentines with little girl for the past few years for her preschool class.  This year we got crafty with a big batch of Nanna's buttons.  It was a fun project - very do-able for a 5 year old while still allowing mommy to have a little creative fun as well.  


Next year I am not sure if we will continue to spring for a completely handmade item - hard to believe that my baby girl will be a kindergartner and probably in a much larger class of 20 or more kids.  The craft monster will have get much bigger to handle homemade in double digits...

No comments:

Post a Comment