Thursday, January 1, 2009

Let's Go Surfin' Now


What do you do on the largest cruise ship in the world? How about surfing?! The "FlowRider" became the object of Gene's affection during our family cruise. He got really good. By the last day, he could get started by himself and do a little bit of carving and leaning down to swipe the water. He also "dropped in" from the top one time.

The water pressure was pretty powerful. I tried it twice and experienced major wipeouts within 2 seconds of letting go of the instructor's hands. I decided to leave the Flow Riding to my hubby after that... Gene has much more natural athletic ability than me and I think I would have been wiping out all week long.

Gene has been spoiled by taking his first cruise on such a magnificent ship. He now says he cannot go on another cruise unless it has a Flow Rider onboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment