Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Daffodils and Fried Ham

Nearly every night, I sing songs to Katelynn before her bedtime. She is always eager for a new one and seems to learn the lyrics at lightning speed these days. Usually I have to wrack my brain. Despite having learned hundreds of songs over my lifetime, I can never think of a good one on the spot. The other night, an oldie but goodie popped into my head and Katelynn loved it, especially the part at the end. Do you remember this one?

I love the mountains, I love the rolling hills
I love the flowers, I love the daffodils
I love the fireside, When all the lights are low
Boom dee a da, boom dee a da
Boom dee a da, boom dee a da

She also likes this one, which I remembered from a summer that I helped with church day camp for the little kids:

Fried ham, fried ham
Cheese and bologna
And after the macaroni
We'll have onions, pickles and pretzels
And then we'll have some more fried ham
Fried ham! Fried ham! Fried ham!
Same song second verse... English accent a whole lot worse...
Same song third verse...Robot accent a whole lot worse...
Same song fourth verse....Texas accent a whole lot worse...

1 comment:

  1. You have some unique songs there! I"ve never heard them before! (:

    ReplyDelete