Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Pregnancy - the second time around

I have always heard that "every pregnancy is different" and I am now learning this first-hand. My experience thus far....

(1) I lost my love of food with the first pregnancy. There was a loooong list of foods I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole. Thank goodness that has not happened this time! I don't eat too much meat these days - just doesn't appeal to me. Other than that, I am game for just about anything.

(2) Tummy pooch - I couldn't believe how quickly my tummy popped out this time! I was into maternity clothes by about week 16. A friend at church is due within a week of me with her first and, at week 19, still has not made the switch-over!

(3) Exhaustion - Well, this is kind of the same with both pregnancies. It is hard to grow another human! However I remember laying on the couch every night after work when prego with KK. This time hasn't been quite as bad... maybe because I have a pre-schooler to care for and really don't have a choice.

We will see what other differences reveal themselves. I remember horrible charlie horses from pregnancy #1, plus I had some nasty issues with heart palpitations and feeling faint. I'm hoping those problems won't rear their ugly heads this time, but I do still have 5 months to go... Here's hoping for a more laid back pregnancy AND a more laid back baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment