Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pregnancy #2 - So much easier!

Now that I am nearing the third trimester with LittlePeanut2 ("LP2"), I thought I would update my previous note about pregnancy the second time. It certainly has been different than the first time around!

1. No charlie horses (YET). I remember having them all the time with my first pregnancy so maybe I am out of the woods. To me, they are like labor pains in your leg. Such awful pain. So glad they have stayed away.

2. My appetite is so much better. I had a long list of aversions with my first pregnancy and happily this time my palette does not seem to have changed much.

3. Perhaps as a result of #2 - I have gained more weight - 17 pounds so far. I am just now entering the 3rd trimester and I am only about 5 pounds below my maximum weight with pregnancy #1. It really still seems to be all in my tummy though - I'm glad that part is the same! So maybe this is just going to be one really big baby boy.

4. No heart palpitations. No spells of nearly passing out in the grocery store.

5. My sleep has remained much more normal. By this time with pregnancy #1 I was spending a lot of time on the couch in that one position that felt comfortable. So far, I have been able to remain in my bed for the most part. I wake up a few times to flip sides, then I'm snoozing again.

6. I am definitely not as exhausted (at least since getting past that first trimester).

7. This little boy kicks me a lot harder than I ever remember KK kicking me! He is also more active.

1 comment:

  1. If he continues to be more active than KK after he arrives, no one will be able to keep up with him, especially Nanna and Pop-Pop.

    ReplyDelete