Friday, May 28, 2010

The Things in My House

As I think about how life has changed over the past few years since becoming a mommy, much of the change is evident by the possessions in my house. Before I was a mommy, the following were nowhere to be found in my home...
1. Bins full of crafts - play dough, construction paper, glitter glue, beads, bubbles and more!
2. Huge stains on the carpet from poop, spit up, throw up, pee, etcetera.
3. Miniature backpack filled with wet wipes, a change of clothes, and an epi-pen in case of life threatening peanut ingestion.
4. "Habitat" with fake hamsters that live inside of it
5. A turtle sandbox in the backyard.
6. Sand in the grass - everywhere - that has been dumped out of #5
7. Popcorn, goldfish, and pretzel crumbs all over the wood living room floor
8. Faint marker stains on my kitchen table that never came completely out
9. A running stroller, toy car, and tricyle all parked in what is supposed to be my formal living room.
10. A fridge covered in reward charts, preschool projects, and Bible verses organized by letter of the alphabet.

But most importantly there was not a sweet little girl dreaming in her bed upstairs. I could never have imagined one little person capturing my heart so much!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Katie, what a sweet post! Being a mommy is life-changing and such a privilege!!! We are very blessed by our children and the joy they bring! :) I thank the Lord for giving me such precious gifts!!!

    ReplyDelete