Friday, August 20, 2010

Funny Girl

Well, LittlePeanut2 is still hiding out in the womb and in the meantime I spent the day hanging out at the house with the three-year-old, avoiding the misery that is Texas heat right now. Since we were together, just the two of us, the whooooole day (can you tell it was long?!), KK gave me some good blog fodder that could not be ignored.

Funny #1
KK spent a good amount of time helping me with chores this morning which was nice. I commended her repeatedly for being mommy's helper and gave her stickers for her chore chart. Then, this afternoon, I was upstairs shredding some documents while she watched a TV show. She made her way upstairs to see what I was doing; she is certainly a mama's girl who likes to be glued to my side.
Me: "KK, will you be mommy's helper again and go downstairs and get mommy a trashbag for all the shredded paper?"
KK (in a very sweet voice): "No thank-you Mommy. I deserve to watch TV all day. I appreciate your offer."

Funny #2
Gene and I decided to go out for dinner and were debating the various options among our normal rotation. Katelynn is becoming familiar with our "regular" restaurants and her absolute favorite is Mi Chula's, a Mexican place that she associates with Sprite, beans and rice, tortillas, and fajita steak meat.
KK: "Mommy, now sit down on the couch. I want to tell you your choices."
Me: (Sitting obediently.) "OK."
KK: "Now, Jesus is in our hearts and he wants to eat beans and rice. We need to go to Mi Chula's." (I glance over to the loveseat where Gene is trying not to completely lose it...)

1 comment:

  1. That is too funny. At least you have some humor to get you through your uncomfortableness! I am excited to meet Mr. Tyler and see how great KK will be with him.

    ReplyDelete