Wednesday, August 4, 2010

It's August?!

Where has the summer gone?! My mom recently commented to me that this pregnancy has seemed long to her. On the contrary, it has gone quite quickly for me. I had envisioned a long, lazy summer to spend with my "only" before rocking her world. I can't believe the time to welcome our little son will be here any day....

While the time has gone quickly, I do feel I have done a good job of enjoying my little girl. Spirited KK certainly gives me a run for the money many days, but she also grows more sweet every day and is pretty good at melting my heart only minutes after enraging my head! Just today, she was sent to her room for some alone time after hours of whining and pestering mommy. Mommy just needed a break, but Katelynn made sure to cry loudly and miserably during the entire "break." I finally took pity on her. She came downstairs puffy faced and sniffling and sat on my lap. Me: "I have an idea. Let's get a nice bath and get shiny and clean. Then we will put on your new earrings." KK (in pitiful voice, with face to match): "I don't want to get sparkly, mommy. I just want to be poor, plain 'ol Katelynn." At this point it was difficult not to crack up laughing at my sweet little drama queen.

We have spent so much time together and it has been a summer of fun firsts for her - swim lessons, ballet lessons, attending Vacation Bible School, and going to her first "day camp" at church. And now we wait for the biggest first of all - first time as a big sister!

1 comment: