Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Birthday KK

I can't believe my little girl is four years old today, on Turkey Day. I have been informed by my friend Kelly, whom has certain rainman-esque like qualities, that this will not occur again until she is 33 years old.... or something like that.

It is appropriate that her birthday sometimes fall on Thanksgiving, since I am certainly thankful for my children more than just about anything else in the world! (Gene, of course you too, sweetie... heehee...) It is amazing to watch little Katelynn grow and develop, even on the hard days. She has captured my heart and I can't even begin to imagine my life without her.

Earlier this month she had a birthday party at McDonald's. (Side note: McDonald's parties are an amazing value... I highly recommend for the thrifty parent!) She never set foot in the play area which I thought was quite funny. She was very eager to collect and organize her gifts and to put out the place settings at the table. Despite her inability to loosen up and just play (perhaps a bit like her mom...), she seemed to thoroughly enjoy "her day."

No comments:

Post a Comment