Monday, November 29, 2010

Traditional Baby

Well, Tyler is more than 3-months old which I find completely unbelievable. Where has the time gone?! The day he turned 3 months he rolled from his back to his side, and it also seemed like all at once he was staying awake for much longer stretches of time. Plus he is using his hands to grab small toys and mommy's hair, and he is enamored with his Nanna-made taggie. He completely melts my heart on a daily basis with his smiles and he is starting to giggle now too.

I have borrowed some baby gear from family and friends that I never bothered to purchase with Katelynn, like a jungle gym mat and a bouncy seat with a toy bar. KK would have scoffed at these items...or rather she would have screamed ferociously until I took her out of them. I honestly could have purchased only the Baby Bjorn for her and nothing else; she lived in that contraption! Tyler, on the other hand, has been enjoying these entertainment items immensely and I use them nearly every day with him.

I commented to my mom that it is so strange to see my baby using traditional gear after getting used to Katelynn and her preferences. She commented that my view of "normal" was a bit...errr...skewed... and that he is my "traditional baby". Much in the same way that I call KK my spirited child, I have been calling TyTy my traditional baby ever since Nanna coined the term.

No comments:

Post a Comment