Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Big Girl Bed

I have been soooo delinquent in posting this. I kept forgetting to take a snapshot. It has been at least two months since KK graduated to her big girl bed! It was Nanna's fault....errr... I mean idea. She let Katelynn sleep on the big futon at her house and she really liked it. Then, Gene and I also decided it would be more fair to give her access to a bathroom since she is potty trained.

We took the front off the "convertible crib" only to discover that we needed to purchase a conversion kit in order to make it level. I'm sure that kit is not cheap either. What a racket! We improvised by propping with books and maybe Gene will get around to trading them out for some wooden blocks before she moves into a regular bed...

KK was ecstatic the first time she saw her crib with the front railing removed. She practiced laying in it with a big grin plastered on her little face. There were a few rough mornings of waking at 5:00 am and refusing to go back to sleep, but once the excitement wore off she has been doing really well with her newfound freedom. In the mornings she comes out to the landing and rolls around in her blanket until I go get her. (We keep the gate at the top of the stairs locked at night to prevent any spills down the stairs.) This still gives me time to at least get my shower and get dressed.

My little girl is growing up. I guess the next big transition should be getting rid of the nighttime pacifier... but I'm just not ready for that yet!

2 comments:

  1. “since she is potty trained” . . . when did that officially happen?! Congrats!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. potty trained for about 4 months now, I think?

    ReplyDelete