Sunday, June 14, 2009

A First - Sooner Than Expected

Katelynn is still in love with her pacifiers. For the most part, we do a good job of restricting them to the upstairs of the house. This means she either has to play on her own upstairs, or be sleeping in her room. Still, she is always looking for ways to break these rules and has become pretty sophisticated in her tactics. ("Mommy, can I put the pacifier away in the drawer downstairs?" "Mommy, can I have the pacifier for one TV show?")

Today she wanted to bring the pacifier to church and I told her that would definitely not be happening, because she is a big girl and doesn't need it when she goes out. Her response, while very simply and innocently stated, still surprised me: "Jakey gets to have a passy at church." Jakey is one of her little friends in Sunday School class.

Of course, we all know that we tested our own moms with the "but so-and-so gets to do it" tactic. I just didn't expect that tactic to surface at 2 1/2 years of age!

2 comments:

  1. Cute! KK is one smart cookie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my – it starts that soon?! Can’t wait to use some of my mom’s quotes . . .

    ReplyDelete