Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Bible Verses

Would you believe that a class of two year-old pre-schoolers can learn 26 Bible verses? I wouldn't have either, but it's happening! Katelynn has already learned two verses, which are coordinated with the letters of the alphabet:

Ask and it will be given to you. -Matthew 7:7
Believe in Jesus. -Acts 16:31

When they are able to recite the verses they are awarded with a small treat. KK's version of the first verse was "ASK... GIVEN to ME!" On a side note, I'm not 100% sure about the prudence of teaching that verse to a toddler!
The director also sends out fun emails that give a little insight to her day. This was the latest one: "Today in chapel, we sang Happy Birthday to three students. Everyone said the Pledge to the Flag and Pledge to the Bible. Nurse Jeannie was our community helper and she talked about not spreading germs when you cough or sneeze. We sang “I’m in the Lord’s Army” and “If You're Happy.” The motion and listening song was “Silly Dance Contest."

I think that I often underestimate KK's abilities. I know this is just pre-school, but I'm glad that her pre-school has high standards for the kids.... it sets a great tone early in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment