Thursday, October 15, 2009

Big Enough for Board Games?!

KK just spent a couple of days at Nanna and Pop-Pop's while Gene and I experienced all that is U2 (post coming soon). Now that Pop-Pop is retired, Katelynn gets lots of good time with him doing a lot of the same things that I got to do growing up. On this particular trip, he broke out the pre-school board games, which I had no idea they had even kept.

I would have never thought KK was ready for Candyland or Chutes & Ladders, but the grandparents proudly reported that she paid attention through a full game of each with Pop-Pop! Not even three years old yet... it makes me a little sad, really. She is getting sooooo big! So this is another thing that has been added to the "ideas for Katelynn gifts" list that I keep on Amazon.

1 comment:

  1. Well, we didn't crack out the old games, we went to Wal-mart and bought new ones, and I don't think the boards are as nice, but she didn't know the difference.

    Also, she doesn't really understand the games yet, but she wants to play, and she stays interested. She applauds when anyone is anywhere near winning, so a good time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete