Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fall in Texas

I love the Fall in this area. We get nice cold fronts, but it is almost never miserably cold. There are a plethora of free festivals and pumpkin patches. We get to experience Aggie football for better or worse, but a weekend trip to College Station is always a good thing regardless of the scoreboard. My allergies go away. I do wish we got a little more "fall color" around here, but with all the "pros", I can live with this "con."
One example of a lovely fall DFW activity occurred last weekend when I took Katelynn to the Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch along with friends, and we also met up with my family. Griff & Jen brought Izzy, but she didn't get to stay too long. The poor little baby girl was freezing cold! My dad did get to capture this gem of a picture:


Katelynn was not in performing mode and most of the pictures turned out like this one. I was the exact same way as a little girl; I even remember crying and screaming my way through family pictures.


KK also demonstrates another characteristic of her mommy - fear of the bounce house. I remember hating trampolines from an early age. I always had a lot of natural fear about any activity that was remotely aggressive. She warmed up to it after awhile though.

All in all it was a fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment