Monday, June 28, 2010

Proverbs 22:6 And... Aggieland?!

So, Gene and I are just trying to be good God-fearing parents and follow Proverbs 22:6:

"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it."

To what do I refer? Training her to become an Aggie of course! Katelynn has been properly taught to exclaim "Gig 'Em Aggies" and do the thumbs-up sign to go with it. She also knows the entire "Aggie Spirit Song" by heart and even sings it often for her Sunday School teacher!

But there are some bad influences out there trying to derail our teachings... some crazy family members that think she ought to have choices in life or something ridiculous like that...

She somehow mysteriously learned to "hook 'em horns" like a t-sip, put her Red Raider "guns up", and even made a TCU horned frogs symbol for me the other day. What is a mommy to do? I can't really punish her for these offenses (though some might argue I should)... I try to brush them off and say things like "those are the bad guys Katelynn" even though my poor little Aggie heart is crushed. Somewhere along the way she got the idea that it was ok to do hook 'em horns if mommy wasn't around and even reported this to Nanna. What is this horrible propaganda being shared with my firstborn!?!?!?!?!

All this sad momma can do is continue to "train up" my child and hope the Aggies prevail someday...

2 comments:

  1. We found, with our children, that the bigger deal we made of something, the more likely they were to continue or even escalate the behavior. I say teach her every school sign you can find. Knowing KK, she's capable of remembering hundreds. Then you can emphasize that "Gig 'em" is the best of all.

    ReplyDelete