Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Preschool "Star"

Katelynn has homework now at preschool. I found that pretty funny the first night she brought it home. Really though it is a good idea. It is usually just a ten minute tracing and coloring exercise and it gets them used to the concept of work they have to take home. As a mom with a newborn and a preschooler I often forget about it till the morning of preschool. So this week when I opened it up at 8:15 am, 30 minutes before we had to leave, I wad a little panicked to learn that Katelynn was also the 'star of the week' which required additional time and effort I had not "budgeted" for that morning.

I went into Tasmanian devil mode and quickly fetched the required photos from a box of extras... thank goodness I had those around! Then I went through a 'questionnaire' with KK and learned some interesting things about my girl. I should ask he questions like this more often!

Members of her family: Mommy, Daddy, Katelynn. (We added baby Tyler when prompted by mommy!)

What she wants to be when she grows up: Doctor. (OK, I knew this one.)

Favorite sport: Soccer. (Ummmm so much for the ballet! Maybe we will try soccer next. Goodness knows there are many soccer opportunities here in Dallas.)

Hobbies: crafts, mopping, taking out the trash. (Laughing out loud. I have trained her well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment