Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Sonic Run

Mommy, Katelynn and baby Tyler have a new addiction. Well, maybe the addiction is mainly mommy's... and perhaps Katelynn's too. Sonic is walking distance from our house. In fact it is a perfect little tricycle ride for a pre-schooler. I have never really frequented Sonic, but recently I discovered their diet cherry limeades... which are also half price during happy hour from 2-4 pm.

Combine that with pretty weather, looong afternoons, a crying baby, and a bored little 3 year old girl... and we have been going nearly every day lately. Katelynn gets an ice cream dish for $1, and I get a half price large diet cherry limeade for $1 as well. We also all get some fresh air.


A Sonic Tale of Mommy-of-two-absentmindedness: The other day, we loaded up and headed out for our Sonic run. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes to get there with KK riding her glider or tricycle. We don't exactly fly there. I realized when we arrived that I had remembered nearly everything.... my iphone, sunglasses, diaper bag, wet wipes... but no money. No credit card. Aaagh! What was a mommy to do? I considered walking back home to get the money... then I just sucked it up and begged from the table next to us, a sweet little family much like ours with a preschooler girl and a baby boy. They were very charitable and gave us two dollars. I'm sure they could identify with my plight. KK was quite impressed by this.

Summary: Even when I do actually remember my own wallet, the Sonic Run is two dollars well spent!

1 comment:

  1. I think I might have begged from the Sonic employees with the promise of paying it back the next day!

    ReplyDelete