Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Advent

For the past few years, I have filled the advent calendar with goodies for Gene and me, since KK was way too young to care. But I had to remind Gene to open it every day, and nothing really thrilled him too much (he is sooo hard to impress!) Katelynn's excitement this year is fun and contagious! The first thing KK and I do every morning is turn on the tree lights, then open the daily advent box. She remembers first thing every morning without fail.




Things I have filled it with include:

  • Candy (of course)
  • Bouncy balls

  • Little bitty Disney stamps

  • "Pills" that turn into animal shapes in hot water

  • Christmas socks

She is somewhat disappointed when it isn't a candy day. That is definitely her favorite. She is always trying to bargain to open extra boxes, but I am strict about "one box per day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment