Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 in Review

2009 has been a busy year of heartache, joy, laughter, tears... I thought I would re-cap it via monthly highlights. I end this year with a thankful heart to God for the tremendous blessings bestowed upon our family. We don't deserve it...

January: I started a new part-time job back in the world of public accounting! At the end of the month, life changed drastically for my family as my sister-in-law was rushed to the hospital at 20 weeks pregnant with twin girls.

February: On the first day of February, we lost our precious niece Lily who had to be delivered too early to survive outside the womb. This was the worst day of our lives. On February 26th, just 4 weeks later, our niece Isabelle was born at only 23 weeks, 6 days gestation. She began a long stay in the NICU that was a day-by-day fight for life.

March: We served as small group leaders of “Financial Peace University” throughout the Spring, which we highly recommend for anyone!

April: We said good-bye to Lily at a beautiful Easter weekend service. Izzy continued to grow stronger in the NICU though there were still many rocky days of uncertainty.

May: My friend Kelly took me on a girls’ weekend to Clearwater Beach, Florida. Wow, do I have a great friend or what?!

June: Gene and I celebrated our 11th anniversary and had a little “staycation” at the Four Seasons Resort here in town. I gave massage one more try and have officially kissed it good-bye forever – not for me. My dad retired from Lockheed after 35 years - a proud daughter moment. Izzy went home from the hospital after nearly 4 months in the NICU!

July: We took Katelynn to her first fireworks show and she loved it.

August: Gene officially entered “mid-30’s.”

September: Katelynn started pre-school and Aggie football season commenced. Gene and I enjoyed a weekend getaway in College Station. Whoop!

October: We took KK to her first fightin’ Texas Aggie football game. She did great and absolutely loved sleeping on the pull-out couch in the hotel. Gene took Katie to her first U2 concert – very exciting!

November: KK turned 3 years old and had her first big birthday party, complete with castle bounce house in the backyard. At the end of the month, she decided to mail her pacifiers to the tooth fairy – a very big deal. Gene ran his first half-marathon.

December: Gene ran half-marathon #2! Katie is thinking about it… not sure yet. Christmas is a whole new world for KK this year and it’s lots of fun to celebrate this holy holiday with a 3-year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment