Sunday, July 18, 2010

Tyler's Room

Baby Tyler's room is finally complete enough for posting! I may still add some frames with family pictures, but we are close enough. I'm sooooo happy with how this came out. I am generally inept when it comes to decorating but I have been really happy with how my baby rooms have turned out, and the fact that the designs grow organically from my own brain, rather than from copying a magazine picture.

The room concept started with the desire to carry over some of the same colors and fabrics, not to mention the black crib, from KK's room and grew from there. My parents' creativity and wonderful handiwork in the workshop and the sewing room added beautiful touches with the cornice board, crib skirt, and fishing quilt. The fishing quilt was a labor of love by my mom a few years ago, intended for the first grandson. We didn't even know it would match so well, but it blends quite nicely. My sister-in-law Jen made the picture frame and diaper cake for my shower and also helped me arrange the dots on the wall...she has a much better eye for that kind of thing. Well enough blabbing....on with the pictures!




4 comments:

  1. AWESOME! I love the quilt!! You did such a great job on the room. All that's left to do is sit back, relax, and enjoy it with Baby Tyler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so cute! I LOVE the little sheep!! I got really tired of pink and blue (my 5 friends and i were pregnant together) and it's always refreshing to see baby decor and stuff that is not the typical pinks/blues. Now, can't wait to see pics of your upcoming addition to your little family! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sweet! I know it is a relief to have that all taken care of now, ready for his arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your colors Katie. The quilt is so cute too. How exciting to have the room finished! Now we just need the little cutie to get here...in due time of course!

    ReplyDelete