Sunday, April 6, 2008

I Love My HandyMan Husband

Gene is super handy. Overall I am very thankful for this, though it does come with a few "cons" too.
Pros:
  • Can fix/install stuff cheaply without having to call "the man". Examples of projects he has done: change out all the light fixtures, replace the plumbing connector things to all the toilets, install nice storm doors, put in brick and mortar borders for our yard, fix drywall/texture... and at our last house we also installed flooring and tile ourselves.
  • Saves me much aggravation because he does many things for me that I do not have to figure out.
  • Puts lots of annoying baby contraptions together.

Cons:

  • Sometimes I have to be "assistant girl" and fetch things, which I do not enjoy. Gene is looking forward to "assistant toddler" once he can improve Katelynn's knowledge on types of screwdrivers, hammers, etc. Maybe she won't complain as much as assistant girl.
  • Sometimes have to wait forever to get a project done, since we won't hire "the man". Especially if it is a project I want done but Gene doesn't really care about!
  • There are a lot of tools in the garage. I do not have a clue what many of them are. They get pretty disorganized, which this anal wife does not like. However I can't clean it up too much since I would accidentally throw away many useful tools!
Most recently, we had a quote on beefing up our insulation levels to get our summer air conditioning bills down a bit. Gene looked at the quote and said "I can do this much cheaper."

Several hours of online research and a few trips to Lowe's later:

Our garage...that is a LOT of insulation!




Calvin & Gene prepare for battle. Calvin gets

dragged into many of these projects with Gene.
Thanks Cal!

1 comment:

  1. I love it. We are such bad homeowners....neither matt nor I enjoy a good project. Can we schedule Gene? Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete