Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Sad Note

Katelynn goes to "Kids Day Out" one day a week at a nearby church. There are two teachers and five kiddos, all her age. It seems to be pretty structured. They have Bible story time, Spanish lesson (!), music time, etc. Then they all have their own cribs for naps at noon. When I pick her up there is a sheet of paper in her bag telling when she ate, peed, pooped - everything! Also they usually leave a cute note.

The note from this past Thursday made me depressed as a mommy. It said: "Katelynn had fun riding the dolphin toy in play time. She is starting to be more comfortable around all the kids and played with them today."

So, I know you readers are probably thinking -- what's up, it sounds like a sweet note! But my mommy reaction was: "She has been going to this place for nearly 3 months and this was the first time she played with the other kids?" The little peanut has had a very tough time with group child care. She still screams every week when we leave her at the church nursery. I just feel bad that my little girl seems to spend most of her time at these places upset!

2 comments:

  1. I hope nanna is well soon so Katelynn can have nanna day. It makes me sad to know she's sad.
    nn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh Katie – I’m sure she’s fine. Some of the kids at Caedyn’s school cry when their mommies walk out of the door too, then no less than 30 seconds later, they’re happily playing. Do they have a one way window/mirror thing on the door? I always peek a Caedyn for a while before I actually leave.

    ReplyDelete