Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Life

Where do I even begin with this post? There is so much flying through my brain today...

It has been one of "those days" with Katelynn. This morning we met a pre-school friend for story time at the library. I guess KK woke up on the wrong side of the crib, because the entire experience seemed to put her out of sorts. She just sat there and cried, and we had to depart story time after 10 minutes. On the way home, she stuffed a wipe down her throat and threw up part of her breakfast, all over herself and her chair. It was reminiscent of
these posts from the past. During lunch at home, she gave herself a hard push in her booster seat - which I tell her NOT to do all the time - and knocked herself over backward.

Now, a radical gear shift: the leader of my Sunday School class, Jeff, has asked us to pray for his very close friend, Kyle Ogle. Kyle has been battling cancer for 13 years! This morning at 1 am he lost his battle and is in heaven with Jesus. But his wife and two little children are left behind to move forward in life without him. (
The post on 10/29, 9:24am by his wife is very beautiful.)

I have been reading Kyle's CaringBridge site off and on as I have been remembering to pray for him. Today I noticed that the first post on the site was on 11/25/06 - the day my little Katelynn was born. I think that is when the latest "round" of his cancer reared its ugly head. It just struck me deeply that someone was receiving such devastating news on the day that I was filled with the joy of a new daughter. And his passing, a day of such devastation for his family, comes on a day that I am dealing with the normal daily frustrations of life with a toddler.

I know intellectually - that is "how life is". At any given moment, there are millions of people suffering, millions experiencing joy, and millions just going about the daily "drudgery" of life. But sometimes that reality is really put in front of your face in a way that shakes you to the core...


Please pray for Kyle's family - Darla, Turner & Katherine.

No comments:

Post a Comment