Friday, October 3, 2008

Step Stool

I am constantly at the sink holding Katelynn up to wash her hands. I figured it was time to get a little stool so she could do it herself. I purchased only one so that I could make sure it was tall enough for her, and put it in the upstairs bathroom.

KK was pretty enamored with it and loved being able to see the sink by herself. I showed her how to wash her hands and then we headed back downstairs. A little while later, she disappeared to the upstairs. (I let her do this now for very limited periods of time!) Shortly thereafter, I heard her laboring on her trip down the stairs - she was making the trip down with her stool in tow. First she brought it to my bathroom and was very thrilled to be able to see into the big drawer that she always tries to rummage through. Then, later she brought it to the kitchen and watched me cook. Always interested in the stages of child development, I found myself impressed that she was able to figure out multiple uses for it so quickly.

Who would have thought that a simple purchase like a step stool could make a little toddler so excited? I wish I knew what other "simple purchases" would brighten her day that much!

1 comment:

  1. I hope YOU like that stool! You'll be seeing it, tripping over it, and finding it in the strangest places for a LONG LONG time. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete