Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Painting Woes

About a year ago, as documented at this post, I tried to touch up the paint on my red living room wall only to find the color did not match. I was so irritated by the whole experience that I composed a mini-essay about the appropriate paint formulas and saved such mini-essay on my computer.

Today I got out all my touch-up supplies and even referenced my mini-essay to be absolutely sure I was using the right color. I happily covered up several ugly marks that needed attention, feeling so good that I had finally tackled this annoying task!

Folks, it has been over an hour and it is evident that the colors, once again, do not match. My only conclusion is that this paint is very subject to fading. It is very very red, and the room does get a lot of light. Gene and I could re-roll the wall - AGAIN - but I will only have the same woes the next time a touch up is needed.

I'm thinking a nice tan color is in order... as well as hiring a handyman for the labor! Aaargh....

1 comment: