Monday, August 10, 2009

Katelynn and Izzy-Belle




A couple of weeks ago, we went to hang out with my brother and sister-in-law and, of course, baby Isabelle. This was the first time that Katelynn would see her without any tubes or machines attached. I explained to KK that she might get to hold Izzy-Belle (as KK calls her) while we were there. Katelynn said "No mommy, she has stuff on her face. I can't." I explained that Izzy no longer has "stuff" on her face. From this moment on, KK talked non-stop about holding her cousin.
When we arrived, Katelynn immediately asked Griff and Jen "Do I get to hold Izzy-Belle now? She doesn't have stuff on her face!" As you can see from the pictures, she took this task very seriously. We could not get her to smile for the camera for one nano-second! I don't think I have ever seen the child be so still. In particular, she was very concerned with the pacifier and the fact that it was in Izzy's mouth (go figure). Izzy, on the other hand, was a bit squirmy and not too sure what to think about her toddler cousin!

Izzy is a daily reminder of how much we have to be thankful for. I am so grateful that we were able to capture such a precious family moment on film.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to see such a great picture of TWO healthy girls. Izzy looks awesome and has grown so much. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete