Thursday, August 13, 2009

Random Development Observations

HOW in the world do kids learn to have fear of the drain at the pool? I distinctly remember it making me shudder when I was little. I have done absolutely nothing to pass this fear along to Katelynn, but somehow she has discovered it all on her own. (I guess I did pass genes along though....) She won't go anywhere near even the most minor discoloration on the bottom of the pool. So bizarre!

Pretend play continues to exponentially increase. KK is obsessed with mermaids, being a mermaid, wearing her mermaid princess crown, etcetera. Also, today she also got into my drawer that is full of random small baking tools and measuring cups. She had them all spread out on the kitchen floor in a very orderly manner, and was intently "measuring" various invisible ingredients. Maybe it's time to get that play kitchen...

On the very up side, she has learned that spontaneously telling mommy "I love you" many times each day is a good thing and gets lots of positive attention. She also likes to try to "trap" me in her bed at night with bear hugs; we giggle and hug, then repeat several times. I definitely can't get enough of that... I know the day will come when the hugs and i-love-yous don't come as readily.

No comments:

Post a Comment