Thursday, August 20, 2009

One of Those Mommy Moments

I have been working a couple days a week for many months now. During the “school year” Katelynn goes to pre-school on those days. This summer, she has spent those days with her Nanna and PopPop, which includes one night at their house.

Today is her second day there this week, and she hasn’t been there in a couple of weeks due to their vacation plans last week. Apparently she wanted to call me so Nanna obliged.

When I got on the phone with her, she said “Mommy, I want to see you” and started to cry. Her tone was so tender - so I started to cry a little too. My mom had no idea that was going to happen or she would not have put this mommy through that, of course! Later in the day my mom sent me the following email, which also made my heart well:

“I wouldn't have let KK call if I thought she was going to cry. She got so melancholy on the phone, and tears welled up in her eyes. It was very different than when she gets mad and squirts tears out intentionally. She had been talking about you all morning. She told me how you are the best mommy in the world. She said to me, "I'll bet you wish you had my mommy!" I told her I did wish that. She said you take good care of her and she loves you and misses you.

Hope it didn't upset your day having her cry on the phone. She recovered in the car wash. She had to help Rocky [the dog] feel better because it was upsetting him.”

Ahhhh, these mommy moments can be tough! I know it is good for her to spend a little time with others besides her mommy, but I also know I will one day wish that she did want to spend every minute with me as she does now...

1 comment: