Sunday, September 20, 2009

My Little Fireball

This past Monday, Katelynn set her hair on fire....

We finally had a respite from the Texas summer heat and it was downright balmy outside. So I thought it would be a great night to add a little ambience with some candles. There was a small candle on the dining table, and Katelynn was trying to blow it out unsuccessfully. Her puffed up cheeks were quite cute. I was in the immediate vicinity watching her, but I turned my back for five seconds to put food into the oven.

Suddenly she was crying and screaming "Hot! Hot!" I looked over and her poor little head was smoldering. She was pounding on top of her head - a good instinctive reaction I suppose! Heart pounding, I grabbed her and ran to the kitchen sink. When I saw a mess of black charred stuff on her head, I really thought we were headed to the ER. I got a cold rag and put it on her head. Then I realized that she did not have any burns - just a big mess of nasty, stinky burned hair. So then it was off to the tub.

The damages turned out to be minimal. She has some little mini-bangs now which you can see in the picture. I had actually debated having bangs cut at her last haircut... the stylist recommended them and I decided against them. Guess she has them now! KK asked for her pacifier and I tried to ignore her request. Then she said very pathetically "KK set her hair on fire! KK wants a passy...." This mama, relieved that her little girl was safe and sound, dutifully fetched the passy.

2 comments:

  1. In the photo with this post she looks as if she's doing an Angelina Jolie imitation, pouty lips and sunglasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny! (only because she wasn’t hurt of course)
    I’d have given in to pretty much whatever she wanted as well. You’ve got one heck of a negotiator there! :-)

    ReplyDelete