Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Tooth Fairy's New Gig

It's probably time to get strong and figure out a way to get Katelynn's pacifiers permanently out of her little mouth. My mom kick started the process by telling her that the Tooth Fairy is going to take her pacifiers when she turns three, and will bring her a present. That is only a couple of months away - yikes! The Tooth Fairy will take the pacifiers to other little babies that need them more than KK.

KK seems to be buying into it, so I have been running with this Tooth Fairy story. I do feel really strange lying to Katelynn about things like this. We still have not said much of anything about Santa Claus and I am not sure that he is going to be much of a fixture in our home. I'm still wondering how it is actually going to go. KK is very intrigued by the idea right now but I don't think she completely realizes the Tooth Fairy is going to take them away forever. She has told me that her present will be green.

So this Tooth Fairy needs to be in search of an awesome green present over the next couple of months!

3 comments:

  1. I’m paying close attention to how this works out for you. I know Caedyn will be in the same boat as she really likes her “sucker” (as we call them). She likes them at specific times – namely in the car and at sleep times (or when she doesn’t feel well). To be honest, I’m not so excited about them disappearing from the car. . .
    Good luck! And keep me posted so I can return here for pointers when it’s our turn! :-)
    Oh – and we need to get together soon. I am such a bad friend . . . I still have some KK clothes in the trunk of my car too. I’ve lost track of how long they’ve been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,
    KK is just like her dad, she wants the tooth fairy to bring MONEY!!! Let me know when you plan to do this. Our tooth fairy still has a large supply of fairy dust that she can loan your tooth fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too funny / strange . . .
    I came back to your blog to re-read this post. I’ve been mentioning the “sucker fairy” to Caedyn recently and she’s really been eating it up. Our “sucker fairy” is also going to take Caedyn’s suckers (pacifiers) away to give them to new babies. (Something I didn’t remember reading here – but apparently that is indeed where I got the idea). :-) Anyway, I told Caedyn the sucker fairy would leave a gift when she takes the suckers and I asked Caedyn what kind of present she wanted. And she’s been very insistent that she wants a GREEN present!!! So funny!!!
    I think the sucker fairy may come this Friday night. Wish us luck!!!

    ReplyDelete