Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Spanish Speaker

It is amazing what little sponges toddlers are. Katelynn has learned an amazing amount of Spanish from the TV shows Dora and Diego... she picks it up so easily that she interchanges it easily with English as though they were the same language:

When leaving the house: "Vamanos, Mommy!" (Let's go)

When upset inside the McDonalds play land: "Mama, Ayudame Auydame!" (Help me, help me)

When commanding various doors to open: "Abre! Abre!" (Open, open)

She also can sing entire songs in Spanish. I really should start showing her the Spanish-only version of these shows. I certainly do wish that United States schools introduced foreign language sooner. I have been told that our school district is initiating a bi-lingual immersion type class that is taught half in Spanish, half in English - I may be checking that out in a few years!

1 comment: