Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Pre-school!

Today marked the return to pre-school, and I felt like it was really the first time Katelynn understood the whole concept. She just switched to the pre-school at our church, and I was able to talk with her quite a bit about it ahead of time. Instead of being fearful of being left, she was excited about what was in store. We went to "Meet the Teacher" last week, so Ms. Mary Anne and Ms. Anne already knew her name and she knew they were not going to eat her. It was also in a familiar building, and six of her classmates are already in her church Sunday School class.

KK walked into the room with barely a good-bye, enticed by a machine generating loads of bubbles. The disappearance of separation anxiety is such a new thing; it still takes me by surprise! They spent a lot of the day learning the names of classmates, and this is the cute project she brought home. The verse in the upper right says "Jesus grew tall."

1 comment:

  1. Cute art! That sounds like such a good preschool! I've heard several moms rave about it. I think if we were still in Texas I would enroll Gavin. I think he would really like it.

    So Joe surprised me and came home with Adobe Elements yesterday!!! I was really excited and surprised that he paid attention so well to exactly what I wanted to get! :) Now all I have to do is figure out how to use it, so I'm sure I'll be emailing you with questions! :)

    ReplyDelete