Thursday, September 25, 2008

Her Mother's Daughter

Like most little kids, Katelynn has a tendency to become obsessed with one TV show at a time. First it was Elmo's World; now it is Baby Einstein. Mommy is sick of both. There is a very cute show on Nick Jr. called "Wonder Pets." I thought I would show it to KK today as a viable alternative. It's geared toward little ones and features adorable animals, simple plot lines, and cute songs. I explained to KK that I was going to play a new show and that I wanted her to try it, and see if she liked it.

Katelynn was transfixed on the TV for over ten minutes. I was cheering inside - a new show to replace the maddening Baby Einstein! Then she looked directly at me and announced very loudly: "KK NO LIKE Wonder Pets! DON'T LIKE! DON'T LIKE!"

I have been told over and over about the time my mom put Mr. Rogers on for me, hoping to get a break from my incessant whining and crankiness. I told her "I hate that Mr. Rog!" Today, I learned (once again) what it felt like to be my mom, raising me...
Mom, here's an e-toast to you!

4 comments:

  1. If Wonder Pets gets such a reaction, I'd love to see what Mr.Rog might do! KK knows what she likes, doesn't she? She is so much the way you were, and it just cracks me up hearing stories about her. In the end, you turned out to be a wonderful, reasonable person. Just think, one day KK might have to deal with a mini me of her own, and you can smile and enjoy it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Wonder Pets! It's the cutest show! I haven't had any luck getting Hayden to like it either though. ): Good luck on your quest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. quick update... she ASKED for it this morning. Yippee! Maybe she was just being obstinate yesterday to go against me. :-) It's still quite funny in light of my "hate" of Mr. Rogers when I was 2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderpets is the ringtone on my phone when Mike calls me. His request. The phone......the phone is ringing!

    ReplyDelete