Friday, September 26, 2008

Little Reader

Last week some sort of lightbulb went off in KK's brain as it relates to word comprehension. Overnight, she went from wanting the simple books (with little or no story to them) to ones with much more complex plot lines. My favorite to read to her right now is "We're Going on a Bear Hunt", which my friend Tanya gave KK as a gift. It is an adorable story for which she had no patience when it was first gifted to her. Now she loves it! Yesterday I was trying to get through the book quickly so we could get her nap started, and I skipped a line. She yelled out "Two Goggly Eyes!" You guessed it - that was the line I skipped.

She also loves
"Marvin K. Mooney, Will You Please Go Now!" This is a Dr. Seuss that many don't know about, but it was my favorite when I was little. So I love getting to read it to my own little girl now! The joys of life as a parent are often simple but wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment