Monday, September 15, 2008

Sappy Mom

What has happened to me? Mommyhood has changed me. I'm too wimpy to even think about many of the things I used to do, like scuba diving and sky diving. (OK, the sky diving was only twice, while I was in college.) I didn't even want to learn to kite surf with Gene!

Everything makes me cry now too. I just love the baptism ceremonies at
our church. Usually it is elementary age kids "taking the plunge," and a little audio clip is played before the actual baptism. The child talks about how he or she came to know Jesus, and thanks the people that helped him or her learn about God. The kids are so sweet and innocent, and baptism is such a beautiful symbol of the Christian faith to me. I guess I personalize everything now too. I think about Katelynn being a little girl up there in that big water someday... sniff sniff.

I know that many parts of my personality are the same, and will remain much the same for my entire life. On the other hand, becoming a mom has changed me dramatically. I will never be the same!

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I know what you mean! I am super sensitive about anything having to do with children now. I see some things with a different, more personal perspective now.

    ReplyDelete