Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Little Girl, Big Words!

Katelynn is learning about the power of words more and more with each passing day. She is really starting to crack us up with her verbal abilities.

Saturday I told her that we were going to a party after she ate dinner and watched Baby Einstein. About halfway through Baby Einstein, she got down from the couch and found me in the bedroom. She yelled "Party Time!" She has also learned to exclaim "Yay!" at various appropriate times, like when I tell her we are going to the park.

Before she goes to sleep, I will often tell her "tomorrow we will _______". Whatever went in the blank is the first thing out of her mouth when she wakes up in the morning. It's as though there weren't 12 hours of dreaming in between. One night I showed her the little mat she would take naps on at her pre-school class. The next morning she exclaimed "School! Nap mat!"
I miss lots of things about the "tiny baby" days... but admittedly it is more fun to see her little personality emerging day by day!

No comments:

Post a Comment