Thursday, November 6, 2008

Baking with Mommy

Last week I wanted to make something fun for Halloween, but knew that Katelynn would follow me around the kitchen whining, holding onto my leg, and repeating "Up up, Hold you mommy" about 500 times in a row. Way too exhausting to be worth it.

But then I decided that maybe KK was old enough to "help" mommy. I pulled a chair over to the counter and she watched me measure and stir ingredients, all the while trying to excitedly stick her little fingers in the bowl. She was so fascinated that she even overcame her previous deep-seated fear of the beater. And, she was inducted to one of the best childhood rites of passage - the licking of the beater! (Note to Nanna: I know she should not have the raw egg. But how could I deny her this?!)

Pictures below show Katelynn enjoying her beater, and the resulting "Mummy Cupcakes." The decorating occurred during her nap!

1 comment:

  1. Aww Man! You mean I have less than a year before I have to share the raw batter?! That (IMO) is the best part of baking!

    ReplyDelete