Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween and a Headstrong Toddler

I have the kid that wouldn't wear her Halloween costume! (No surprise - see previous post on iron will!) I had an adorable hand-me-down Elmo costume for her, but apparently her love affair with Elmo has ended. Every time she saw him, the beginning stages of a tantrum were evident.

So, KK went out trick-or-treating in her too-small velour pants and jacket - her latest clothing obsession. If I had enough foresight, I could have stuck a number on the front and back of her, given her a water bottle to carry, and she could have been a marathon runner! Oh well...

The lack of costume ultimately did not bother her at all. She got a huge kick out of going from door-to-door and having candy dumped into her pumpkin bag (which she called her "purse"). And next year I will let her pick her own costume at the store. No doubt it will be made of super soft fleece...

2 comments:

  1. I like the independence! Of course, that is b/c I don't have to dress KK! :-) My sweet baby almost sweated to death in her costume. I thought it would be cold when I got the costume months ago!!! Lovely. Live and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still cute. And I love her hair! :-)

    ReplyDelete