Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Iron Will

I knew my little one was headstrong. But she has become obsessed about controlling the clothing that goes on her body.

On Thursday, she had pictures at pre-school. I took three cute dresses out of the closet and told her to pick. She did not want any of them. These days, the girl will only wear something if it is made out of super-soft fleece. She only has a few items in her wardrobe that meet that criteria. Mom cannot afford to re-build her toddler wardrobe!

I picked the softest dress of the three and put it on her, thinking that she would get over it. We were running late. She was screaming and crying. I realized that the pre-school teachers were going to have to deal with 5 hours of screaming and crying. She did not want anything to do with this dress.

So I did what any strong mom would do... I gave up. I yanked a pink fleece outfit from the drawer and KK immediately turned to smiles. Gone are the days of dressing up my little girl...sniff...sniff.

2 comments:

  1. I had to put away the summer clothes as soon as it got cool because my own little Katie might decide she was going to wear shorts on a fifty degree day. It wasn't worth the fight. Oh, I wonder where KK gets it from?
    Wait until she sees the fuzzy shoes nanna got for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, Katie! Let the fun begin! We are just starting to feel some of that friction with Gavin...I'm sure it's just the tip of the ice burg! :)

    ReplyDelete